Saturday, February 26, 2011

february...really?

hello. is it really february? almost 2 months into 2011? I cannot believe it. where have I been?!
January wasn't that exciting. Just getting back into the swing of things after the holidays. B (aka my husband) continued coaching youth wrestling for a local wrestling club in c'ville. I spent most of my free time working out at CrossFit Charlottesville, organizing our house and reading up on healthy recipes, exploring our local whole foods and c'ville produce store and spending time at recruitment with my favorite college group. Chester, our fat, english bulldog spent time doing what he does best. sleeping. I only wish I had that life!

February was welcomed with open arms, while celebrating melissa's 29th at B's (and melissa's) aunt & uncle's house in tennessee. We relaxed in the hot tub, ate some fabulous food, enjoyed some beverages and caught up on life and laughter. One of the best weekends I have had in a long time.
While we were in tennessee we found a store that sold our favorite microbrew, Dogfish Head Brewery, their punkin' ale is our absolute favorite beer ever. no joke. Typically this beer sells out in weeks in virginia from the time it's released in September until November, we can usually only get a few 4-packs before its gone until the next year. Last year we bought several 4-packs...errr cases... and held some back so we could enjoy them on thanksgiving (and after the marathon!). It was so hard to look in our pantry and see that beer but it was worth it on thanksgiving to enjoy some punkin'. When we spotted this in tennessee in february, I thought we had died and gone to Dogfish heaven. Punkin' in February?! SOLD. It look willpower not to go back to the store before we left to return to virginia to buy more for the spring and summer, but we held off. Speaking of Dogfish Head...we're planning a trip to Rehoboth Beach in September with some good friends (I hope!) to tour the brewery and are attempting to time it with the release of punkin' ale (of course.) CANNOT wait.

I also found out this month that I received a promotion at work. whew. This was a longgggg time coming and I'm so glad it's finally here. B and I went out to celebrate the promotion and valentine's day all in one weekend. We went to a Joshua Radin concert at one of our favorite concert venues in c'ville, the jefferson theater. It was one of the best concerts....so good! Then the second night of our 'celebration' weekend, we enjoyed fabulous asian tapas at Bang!, hands-down one of our favorite places to eat in c'ville. (sorry bri didn't take pictures once again!)
Sadly, I have spent almost the rest of the month holding down the fort here at home in c'ville while B traveled to Scottsdale, AZ for a work conference. I spent time relaxing, reading, catching up on the dvr and spending many quality minutes with Chester.
Then...I caught an ugly bug the last two weeks. At first I thought it was a bad cold, then last weekend it turned into the flu with all the normal flu symptoms (ugh!), THEN this week I lost my voice (on day 3 currently) and feel just awful. of course, have I thought about calling a doctor? yes! but I can't talk and they wouldn't be able to hear me since I can only whisper. AWFUL. I just want to feel like my normal self again. Apparently someone is trying to tell me to slow down on my crazy, busy life and get some rest. Catch up on my dvr? Finish...errr start...my book club book for the month? Catch up on some netflix movies we have had since April 2010 (no, I'm NOT joking)? Guess that's how I will spending this weekend.
I promise I will be more diligent on writing on this blog, taking and posting pictures and telling you more about myself! I know some...errr...my two good friends that have been reading this blog have been patiently waiting for me to start writing more. I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Umm I feel cheated! Such a long post and then 4 weeks of nothing! Where's my Bri at?

    ReplyDelete